Sunday, July 18, 2010

Making a Diaper cake

Last weekend I went to a baby shower, and while searching for a gift I remembered Anita always made a beautiful diaper cake as a gift. I thought that would make an interesting craft too.

After a bit of googling, I found out how to do it. When I started, Tyla and Jemma were entranced by the idea, and quickly jumped in to help. (thank goodness, otherwise it would have taken me quite a while to roll all those diapers!)

We were very pleased with the end result, and Jemma kept wishing someone would give her a gift like that.
They can't wait for the next person who is expecting to let us know, so they can make another one.
Anyone up for another baby?????


step 1: roll the diapers and build up the tiers

step 2: Add the accessories and ribbons
step 3: wrap in cellophane and ribbons

3 comments:

  1. looks LOVELY! wauw the result is to be proud of!
    and at the same time you guys had a lot of fun :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Gill girls! No we're not having another baby.

    ReplyDelete